Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Ivo prop motor

Default Ivo prop motor

I have replaced my blades with the high pitch blades to suit the new ratio 912 gearbox. My adjustment motor stalls before the limit stops are reached or the pitch is fine enough.Do these motors get weak (25 years old)? A replacement ivo motor is at least two weeks away, added to the exchange rate and freight they become very expensive. I am looking to use a Rc car motor 540 32 turn from a local supplier. Has anyone done something similar ? Any experience or advice would be appreciated. Also as mine is still assembled does anyone have the measurements of the original can length ,diameter also shaft length ,diameter so I can confirm a fit.
    cheers
    Dusty.

Default Re: Ivo prop motor

Yes I believe my 1994 IVO IFA motor is weak, and have been looking for a suitable replacement, it works but I don't think it is as strong as original. If I keep the commutator rings clean it tends to work better, Don't see why a motor from a hobby shop or the like that fits won't work.

Default Re: Ivo prop motor

I purchased a rc car motor, the output shaft needs to be made smaller to suit the pinion. The solution was to install my armature in the new can. My magnets must have grown weak, problem solved