Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Model IV Upholstery seat kit from KF

Default Model IV Upholstery seat kit from KF

I'm looking for pictures of the upholstery kit sold in the Kitfox catalog specifically for a Model IV. I've searched the forum and found plenty of pictures for the 5-7 but none for the kit offered for the Model IV.

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 8.38.11 AM.jpg

Default Re: Model IV Upholstery seat kit from KF

Greg, the difference in seat pan dimensions between the 4 and the later models is not that much so the seat cushions are pretty much the same looking as the later models only slightly smaller in some dimensions.

I attached a photo of the seat cushions I had made here in Arizona back in 2003 for my model four. Not near as comfortable as the ones with Temper Foam but served nicely. Obviously no Kitfox logo. Kind of plain and simple.
    Synergy Suede is the way to go. Incredibly durable and very nice for those long cross country adventures. Debra McBean will get you what you want. Don’t need the door panels, map pockets, boot covers ect.?
    Get matching fabric for covering the seat pan and four cushions. She’ll order just what’s needed and the color choices are many. Maybe a matching booster cushion for those Young Eagle passenger flights.
    Takes a while to get them so don’t wait too long if needed in the next month or two.

076D2201-F009-4B99-BF58-348B38F27FAC.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Greg, the difference in seat pan dimensions between the 4 and the later models is not that much so the seat cushions are pretty much the same looking as the later models only slightly smaller in some dimensions.

I attached a photo of the seat cushions I had made here in Arizona back in 2003 for my model four. Not near as comfortable as the ones with Temper Foam but served nicely. Obviously no Kitfox logo. Kind of plain and simple.
    Synergy Suede is the way to go. Incredibly durable and very nice for those long cross country adventures. Debra McBean will get you what you want. Don’t need the door panels, map pockets, boot covers ect.?
    Get matching fabric for covering the seat pan and four cushions. She’ll order just what’s needed and the color choices are many. Maybe a matching booster cushion for those Young Eagle passenger flights.
    Takes a while to get them so don’t wait too long if needed in the next month or two.

076D2201-F009-4B99-BF58-348B38F27FAC.jpg
    Thanks! I assumed they were fairly similar. I really want to see what the other pieces look like. The mats and boot covers and side panels. I'm trying to decide what pieces I want. I thought about having then made but the ones they offer look really nice and I think the logo is a must have.

Steve, Im happy that you consider me to be a "Young Eagle". I have the thickest seat cushion. I think you called it a booster seat.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

The cutoff for “Young” Eagles is your 18th birthday Eddie so you never came to mind. Sorry.😉

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Here’s my IV with the new style seat cushions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Did you get anything else besides the cushions?

The kit consisted of the four cushions, Velcro to attach them to the pan and several strips of fabric to cover the areas between the cushions. I started by painting the pan flat black, then applied the fabric strips and finally the cushions.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Wow Larry, that looks so nice. I remember seeing Mangy Fox at Airventure 2017. No offence, but you were due. Far from Mangy now!
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Yes! My original “yellow” seats were hand me downs that were in several crashed airplanes... LOL.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos