Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Vent cutout size

Default Vent cutout size

Hello Kitfox enthusiasts,

I am having my panel later cut soon and need to know the hole size for the vents. I believe it is 1.75”. Could someone please verify for me.

Thank you
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog

Default Re: Vent cutout size

Not sure what vents you have. I have Aveoair eyeball vents. I went onto Aircraft Spruce website, looked up specifications and find my holes are supposed to be 1.8" diameter. You might try the same means of finding the specification for yours.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Joe, I bought the eyeball vent option kit from Kitfox, but I don't know the brand of eyeball vents they supplied. I used a panel hole cutout of 1.770" diameter and it fit perfectly.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Thank you for the replies. I think I will order from Kitfox when I order the FWF. It’s a good value when you consider what is in the kit.
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog

You know what, I got mine from Kitfox in fact. So if they haven't changed then it will be the same as I listed earlier. I know that mine are a perfect match for the product that aircraft spruce sells because of the display on the counter. So, Maybe just as Debra what they are shipping.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X