Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 2 axis Autopilot options for steam gauge S7?

Question 2 axis Autopilot options for steam gauge S7?

Hey guys,

So I have made the decision that I am going to purchase a new Factory built S-LSA standard package from the factory. The standard package has everything I need with the exception of lights which I am going to pay the extra money to get. Down the road I would like to get it instrument certified but that is something that can be done at a later date obviously.

the one thing I cannot get from the factory without the addition of the Garmin system that adds about $20,000 to the purchase price, is a 2 axis autopilot. So, being that this will be a steam gauge aircraft I am curious what you guys have installed for two axis autopilot on your aircraft and what you recommend? Also the approximate costs.
    Flying a 1965 Cessna 172 for now - it is a 6 cylinder Conti so at least she runs smooth and has the heat to cook you out of the cab even on the coldest winter day!

Default Re: 2 axis Autopilot options for steam gauge S7?

I just looked on barnstormers and found this. I am putting a single axis tru trac AP in my Kitfox 4, and it can either be hooked to a GPS or go where you point it. I think the one in the add is the same in that regard. Google the manual and do some reading... JImChuk

TRUTRAK AUTOPILOT • $1,300 • AVAILABLEDigiflight II 2 axis control - compatible with GPS & EFIS equipped panels. • Contact David A. Weaver, Owner - located Campton Hills, IL USA • Telephone: 630-514-5696 • Posted May 12, 2019

Manual for the AP.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/21...24779706008133

Last edited by avidflyer; 05-15-2019 at 05:47 PM.

I'm not sure what your legal options are with an S-LSA, but the TruTrak that Jim found would probably be a fine A/P.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I’m fairly certain that with an S-LSA you’re restricted to options approved by the manufacturer. You might want to reconsider your purchase plans if you want the freedom to equip to your personal tastes.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

TRIO
    Call and ask
    Kitfox IV 1050, C180. Now I have two backcountry planes! WooHoo!