Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Another restoration completed

Default Another restoration completed

Well, it took 3 yrs but N122DP is restored after its second crash. Fuselage stripped to the tubing. All damaged tubing replaced, new polyfiber fabric. Replaced wings from a parted out speedster also redone including replacement fuel tanks and strobes in each. Rotax 912UL drive and carbs redone at Lockwood, lower unit and cylinders checked out by South MS light Aircraft and a new ground adjustable Ivo prop. Took two years to get FAA registration and another 8 months to get the Airworthiness Certificate which took a special effort by a Team Kitfox contributor.

They said it couldn't be done. Played it straight with FAA and it was a struggle, but it's done. Just have to do what they insist on, regardless.

Anyone attempting this wishing some detail on this effort I would be happy to share.

Bud
    Bud
    IV Speedster
    912 UL
    IVO ground adjustable

Default Re: Another restoration completed

Congratulations Bud! Sounds like a difficult endeavor but your effort will establish a precedent for others to navigate a bit easier. Pics?
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Default Re: Another restoration completed

Congrats Bud! I got a slight look at it at sun n fun and it looked good. I went by your camp spot there a couple of times but didn't see you.
    Ken
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind