Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: updated 912 fuel pump question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default updated 912 fuel pump question

I'm getting close to running the fuel lines on my Kitfox 4 rebuild project. I'm installing a used 912 that has the updated fuel pump on it. I would like to run the fuel lines over the top of the engine, but the fuel fittings on the pump point down. The picture shows the engine as it was before I bought it. You would think it would be easy to unscrew the cover screws and turn it so the fittings are pointing back instead of down. All of the pictures I've seen of the updated pump show the fittings pointing back, which would make me think mine has been turned to point down. I've reviewed the service bullitin (SB-912-063) for the change of this pump, and on page 10, paragraph 3.3 it says that the cover of the pump must not be opened for inspection. Seems to me that would eliminate turning the cover as well, but it seems someone did that on mine. Anyone have any opinion on this? Thanks, JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by avidflyer; 05-09-2019 at 08:28 PM.