Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Battery mount plate

Default Battery mount plate

I am building an older Kitfox 4, there was never an original battery mount plate welded to the empennage aft of the seat on witch to secure the battery box to, what optins do I have to install a battery mount plate. the aircraft is covered and painted an I don't want to risk welding a plate at this time

Default Re: Battery mount plate

The kit came with a plastic (poly) battery box that was attached to the fuselage tubing with Adel clamps in a location that would best fit into the weight and balance limits. Using a different battery now - sealed - I made a box out of riveted aluminum with a velcro strap and attached it with Adel clamps to the structural tubing.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Fasten the plate to the fuselage tubing with Adel Clamps.

Oh, I see Lowell beat me to the "submit" button.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Eddie - funny - my thought too. I had to check the submit times and in a 24 hour day, I'll call it a tie.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by T.W. Sullivan View Post
    I am building an older Kitfox 4, there was never an original battery mount plate welded to the empennage aft of the seat on witch to secure the battery box to, what optins do I have to install a battery mount plate. the aircraft is covered and painted an I don't want to risk welding a plate at this time
    Depending on your engine choice and your weight and balance you may want or need to mount the battery as far forward as possible. Which engine are you using?
    Kitfox IV 1050, C180. Now I have two backcountry planes! WooHoo!