Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Compressors

Default Re: Compressors

Remember, the heated air effectively makes the perceived ambient temp go up (to the paint) so use a slower hardener/reducer or even a retarder. Most orange peel is caused by paint drying/tacking up too fast or too dry of a coat. Practice on something first, an old car hood or decklid works well. When you can get paint to lay out nice on a vertical test panel your ready.
    James T
    Valrico, FL

If you have the ability to paint, then this works pretty much as well as anything discussed in this thread.
    It's mostly in the trigger puller, and properly mixing, and thinning your materials.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Wagner-Pain...ayer/999972628

Your mileage may vary, but I've painted a bunch of stuff around the house with mine, and having previously
    owned and used an Axis Citation I'm inclined to suggest this is pretty much the same thing but for a lot
    less money. Yes there's a lot of plastic, but ....

Jeff

I always wondered how the plastic units would hold up to some of the solvents in the Poly-Fiber products.

Rick

I doubt the plastic parts would be affected by that to be honest. Even If it was, I'd take it back and say
    I put paint in it and it melted "I'm 99% certain Lowe's would give me my money back". Not so sure that
    some of the airplane parts sellers would do the same.

Jeff

Shot some top coat without any issues! The paint is beautiful and GLOSSY! Although I may have chosen the wrong yellow. I was shooting at around 77 degrees and 50-60% humidity. Absolutely no orange peel. For all the talk about how difficult the urethanes are to shoot this stuff went on without any problem or a single drip (shot vertical). Of course that was on a test piece.