Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Ducati Voltage Reg/rect Wiring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Ducati Voltage Reg/rect Wiring

Thanks guys, those are just the facts I needed. Thanks for the warnings as well. I've got a Westach V/A meter that seems to work fine for both voltage and amperage. I also just got a copy of the book John suggested, good stuff in there but I've just started to read it. I assume that hooking up the "C" terminal to some positive voltage controlled by the master switch is the right thing to do since the Rotax schematic stated the need to be able to break the circuit to the "C" terminal so as not to drain the battery after engine shutdown.
    Larry Olson
    Kitfox Series 6 - 1st Flight Oct 2021
    Tri-gear, smooth cowl
    912 ULS

Default Re: Ducati Voltage Reg/rect Wiring

Larry,

Exactly where I hooked in the "C" lead to the system I don't have a perfect remembrance of - I'll have to take a look next time I am out. I think I hooked it to the bus near the battery lug after the master solenoid so it is cut out when the master switch is off - BUT - I'll have to look

The book John suggested is great - between that and the Rotax installation manual - you'll get done

Enjoy your build
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN