Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Cabin heater option.

Default Cabin heater option.

I am getting the cabin heater ready to go. It says to apply some aviation grease to the threads and O ring. What is aviation grease?

Thx.

Default Re: Cabin heater option.

There are many different types of "aircraft grease". AeroShell is a big supplier of them. For this application, the type is not very important in my opinion. You just need something to lubricate the threads and o-rings (it needs to be compatible with the o-ring material). I think the Setrab fittings have Viton o-rings, but maybe someone else can confirm that. If that is the case, they will be compatible with most all greases... type I, type II, mineral based, synthetic, etc. You can buy AeroShell greases from Aircraft Spruce & many other suppliers, but I think that any good quality grease from your local auto parts store would probably do the trick in this instance. If you want to get something that is very good for your wheel bearings, etc. also, you might want to buy some Aeroshell 22 if you want "aircraft grease". I've had excellent experience with using other greases on my wheel bearings for quite a few years, specifically, most recently, Lucas Red 'N Tacky #2. I'm not recommending anything here, just letting you know what my experience has been with my homebuilt aircraft & grease.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Default Re: Cabin heater option.

Lucas Red 'N Tacky #2 is what I used.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X