Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: G3X and GTR 200

Default G3X and GTR 200

Looking for help. Does anyone know why I wouldn't have any comm indications on the G3X screen? I dont even have options for a radio in the setup menu. There are no radio frequencies in the upper part of the display or a way to manually tune in a frequency. The only thing I am able to do at this point is change the stand by frequency on the radio through the G3X display on a page that has airport frequencies. I am currently still wiring the aircraft but the CAN Bus is wired along with some Rs 232 wires and I still don't have radio functionality with the G3X. I have a G3X and Garmin GTR 200 radio as a setup. Any and all help is appreciated.

Jeremy

Default Re: G3X and GTR 200

It sounds like you have gotten into the configuration mode, if not look in Section 35 of the manual on how to get into that mode.

Here are some ideas:
    -Have you configured the GTR-200 per 35.4.23 in the installation manual?
    -You may also need to configure the RS-232 settings so it knows the COM is using a certain RS-232 channel.
    -Have you properly terminated the CAN bus? If not see Section 2.3.1.3 "CAN Bus"
    -If the GDU recognizes the COM it should have a green check mark on the System Information page when you go into configuration mode. If not you need to figure out why, but I think the above steps should take care of that.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by PapuaPilot View Post
    It sounds like you have gotten into the configuration mode, if not look in Section 35 of the manual on how to get into that mode...

That's part of the problem, I can get into configuration mode but all that comes up is a blank screen which states "configuration mode" and then below that "PFD not connected" I am sure I am probably missing something simple on this install but just not sure what.
    IMG_1235.jpg

Interesting, it looks like it doesn't recognize it as the PFD.

It might be a simple fix. Have you pinned it to identify your screen as PFD #1? See Section 26.4.6 where it describes how to do this. Section 27 has the wiring diagram, which shows that pin 10 needs to be grounded to identify it as PFD #1.
    Phil Nelson
    Flying since 2016

BINGO! You rock, I owe you some beers. I read that part at least four times and didn't really understand it until you pointed it out. I do have one other question about the configuration module. I'm having issues finding out which wire is the clock and which one is Data, yellow and white wires I'm assuming. Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by PapuaPilot View Post
    Interesting, it looks like it doesn't recognize it as the PFD.

It might be a simple fix. Have you pinned it to identify your screen as PFD #1? See Section 26.4.6 where it describes how to do this. Section 27 has the wiring diagram, which shows that pin 10 needs to be grounded to identify it as PFD #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbeck View Post
    I do have one other question about the configuration module. I'm having issues finding out which wire is the clock and which one is Data, yellow and white wires I'm assuming. Thanks again for your help.
    You can find this in Section 27 too. See Figure 27-1.2.

Config.jpg
    Phil Nelson
    Flying since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Jbeck View Post
    That's part of the problem, I can get into configuration mode but all that comes up is a blank screen which states "configuration mode" and then below that "PFD not connected" I am sure I am probably missing something simple on this install but just not sure what.
    IMG_1235.jpg
    Hey you panel looks good! Do you have some more pictures? Is that powered coated and then laser engraved? How did you do it?
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!