Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Finish tapes at butt rib and wing tip

Default Finish tapes at butt rib and wing tip

How are you guys handling the finish tapes on the #1 and #10 rib. I’m assuming wrap it around the capstrip at the butt rib just like the fabric. On the #10 I’ve riveted the wing tip attachment strips so now I would guess the finish tape would either be cut at the cap strip or continued and laid onto the top of the riveted strip.

Default Re: Finish tapes at butt rib and wing tip

Joe, from memory, I think the Polyfiber manual says you must have 1" of bonded fabric when you overlap, such as when you overlap upper and lower surfaces fabrics. So, because each rib cap is 1", I cut mine level with the rib edge and didn't carry it round. I don't think you'd get much more support from wrapping it. Also, minor terminology correction, the butt rib is the separate rib attached to the fuselage.

Sounds like you're going gangbusters. Keep it up. Following yr thread.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Default Re: Finish tapes at butt rib and wing tip

Ah yea! Not sure why my brain mixed up butt rib and #1. Thanks for the correction. That is what I ended up doing. Factory confirmed this was the correct approach.

Thanks David!