Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox iv questions

Default Kitfox iv questions

Hey everyone I am looking into buying a Kitfox model four and was wondering if anyone had any useful information about it. I am looking to get into STOL flying, also flying from PHX to SLC on a regular basis. The kit comes with a Rotax 912 UL along with a bunch of other ad-dons. He is looking to get 40k out of the kit, with the engine prop, and a complete dash already wired and installed(Wondering what you think it's worth/I should offer). It sits just under the 51% mark, so I believe that still qualifies me for the mechanics license. I will include some pictures of the kit if that is helpful, I appreciate any input ya'll have. I have a budget of ~30k after buying the kit for missing pieces/upgrades/fixes. Would putting a S7 STi wing on this be possible, or even worth it seeing as I am trying to also put some distance on the plane. Thanks for the input again, I will be spending a lot of time here I am sure.
    included.JPGDash.JPGengine.JPGstorage.JPG

Default Re: Kitfox iv questions

It's been for sale for quite some time. Not gonna bad mouth another person's airplane but It does look like it weighs a ton with all stuff in the panel and the other mods. There are turn key, ready to fly KF 4's for 25-30k that pop up all the time. No offense meant to the person who owns this plane.

Default Re: Kitfox iv questions

I built a model IV that I also modified the baggage area. Don't plan on filling that baggage area on our Phoenix SLC trips as the space limit on the IV is 40 lbs. And loading it that far aft could reduce capacity even more due the increased arm.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel