Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun N Fun Kitfox Forums 2019

Default Sun N Fun Kitfox Forums 2019

I am the guy with the model IV Kitfox who was the subject of a feature article in the March 2019 AOPA Pilot magazine and AOPA LIVE on line video magazine, about taking your Kitfox with you when you tour around the USA by motorhome.

Dusti and I have been doing this, coast to coast and border to border every year for over a decade learning a lot from experience about what to do and what not to do in the process.

Today at Sun N Fun, in the CFAA classroom building at 11:00 in room 9 , I will do a power point on the technical aspects of trailer selection, tow vehicles selection, tips comparing folding wing plane for trailering, getting thru airport gate security with a camper and enclosed trailer post 911, favorite destinations, lots of towing tips and setting up the tow vehicle plus trailer so they play nicely together, - basically how to make the whole touring process simple, easy, quick, safe and of course lots on how to save money throughout.

Friday I will do a different forum that is a very basic introduction on how to tour successfully, culled from the above forum, with a bunch of photos from low and slow fun flying in great flying destinations all over the US, flying as only a STOL light sport can fly, as well as a few stories that might be interesting.

If you happen to be at Sun N fun, come on by and keep me straight. I do these forums at a lot of aviation events and constructive input as well as good stories are always more than welcome. Oh, I don't sell anything. This is just my way of trying to share a lot of flying fun.

Happy Flying

Bob Jones
    443-480-1023
    drjones7788@gmail.com

Default Re: Sun N Fun Kitfox Forums 2019

Sounds very interesting. Any chance you have a schedule of other events where you will be presenting? I am not at Sun 'n Fun this year but would love to catch you if you have something in the South Central Texas area in the future.

Thank you for the post and invite, I will be attending

If you attend Air Venture most likely in the LSA/UL tent next to Red Barn. Times and days TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Wfahey415 View Post
    Sounds very interesting. Any chance you have a schedule of other events where you will be presenting?.
    We typically tour thru the south Texas area in late October hitting San Antonio, Corpus/Mustang Beach and occasionally South Padre Island. No exact times dates yet.

Hey Bob- We were not at Sun N Fun on the dates you made your presentations, but I would sure like to hear your words of wisdom about trailering a Kitfox. Any chance you could send that power point presentation? Does Kitfox make a kit with wing supports, etc. Or do most folks craft their own setups ?

I live in Bonita Springs (just north of Naples) and we have a boat trailer which could easily be adapted for carrying the aircraft. If you are on the way to or from Marathon with your plane in tow in our area, give a call, I'd buy you some lunch for a look at your aircraft & trailer.

Thanks !

Scot 239-293-2891
    Scot Trueblood
    Bonita Springs, FL

Kitfox IV in Phase 1 Flight Testing

Scot, just in case Bob doesn't get back to you, your welcome to see my setup. But I'm in Zephyrhills, may be further than you want to drive. If your flying, I can always meet you at zhills.
    Ken
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

I'v seen a lot of different ideas for trailering a Kitfox. Bob's trailer and system for loading his Kitfox is unique. One interesting part is the little tail wheel trailer he uses to move the Kitfox in and out of the trailer. AOPA article and video here https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/...embly-required
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Here is a Youtube link that might work.
    https://youtu.be/xniqjXyGij4
    Scott Noble
    Kitfox SS7

Plane, trailer and RV will be driven to Sebring from Florida Keys for annual conformity inspection in early May so anyone interested in meeting us along the route or at Sebring is welcome to call me 443 480 1023
    Bob