Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox owners near Raleigh NC

Default Kitfox owners near Raleigh NC

Hi Everyone -

I'm considering buying or building a Kitfox but have never had the opportunity to fly in one. Currently an active private pilot flying Cherokee 180 and 181 out of KRDU but looking at lower cost alternatives that give me flexibility in alternate hanger/storage and maintenance options . I'm 6'1" and 195 lbs so from my research I would likely be considering a model 5 if I buy and Model 7 Speedster if I build

If anyone is near Raleigh NC and would be willing to take me for a short flight in their kitfox (model doesn't matter), I'd be happy to compensate. I really want to get a feel for these planes before I go further down this decision pathway

Thank you
    David

Default Re: Kitfox owners near Raleigh NC

Hahaha, a 180 to a speedster huh? Get your flight in a Kitfox but Im here to say, You are in for a different experience. I dropped my check off the day before I flew one. The Kitfox is fun and not even close to the handling you are accustomed to. You know about buyers remorse right? I realized 15 min into the intro flight that, I had none of it, even with a 25K check I had just wrote. Im Sorry I live too far away.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Default Re: Kitfox owners near Raleigh NC

Hey David. I'm at KTTA (Raleigh Exec) north of Sanford and just off US#1. I have a Model 4/912 and I'd be glad to take you for a ride. There are 2 other Model 4's here. One is normally hangered at Cox's but KTTA now for maintenance and the other is a 1994 kit that's under construction. Send me a private message and we'll exchange phone numbers and make plans. James Thomas