Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox IV `project fifty`

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Kitfox IV `project fifty`

First, thanks for your comments!
    I‘d like to clarify that it isn‘t my concern to blame former owners or builder of my plane. Especially the original builder did a great job in 1995 and realized nice details which are still here today - 25 years later! Me so far, I did only tear down things to see and certainly learn to get a reasonable rebuilt done- someday! Not in position to point at somebody...

Thanks Lowell for the insight into the world of tail-airfoiling! I will check and see what I could adapt/realize. Overall I‘m in need to save some weight, means the plane is too heavy at the moment...
    Marc
    rebuilding IV-1200
    `Kitfox fifty`

Default Re: Kitfox IV `project fifty`

going on with the horizontal, I ask myself if the elevator horn is initially straight or some kind angled sideways? (pls. see pic)
    Would be kind if someone could confim, I was already close to straighten out both elevator surfaces as I found the important information in the builders manual that there is some deliberately misalignement...

So what about the horn?
    IMG_5042.jpg

Thanks!
    Marc
    rebuilding IV-1200
    `Kitfox fifty`