Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Curious on costs above the kit (new member here)

Default Curious on costs above the kit (new member here)

Hypothetically I got my 7ss base kit ordered for $26k and change. Then I ordered a Rotax 912 ULS for $19k and change. What costs above and beyond that is it going to cost to finish the plane? Fabric/firewall forward/etc etc. I know avionics can be $$$ or $$$$$ depending on what you want to put in. Say you keep the avionics pretty simple with maybe some steam gauges and some sort of economy GPS system. I wouldn't expect anyone to throw out exact figures but just a ballpark idea would be great to know... $10-$15k, $15-$20k, $20-$25k above the airframe and engine?? I tried looking back in the forum posts to see if anyone has addressed this in the past but didn't see anything. Appreciate any insight!

Default Re: Curious on costs above the kit (new member here)

You will end up in the $75,000 ballpark grand total for everything if you buy most of the optional items. This is painted and ready to fly.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Thanks for the info.

I track every dollar, including tools/supplies. I had some things but have had to buy some specialty tools. I am in ~$73 now which includes engine and firewall forward (912 is), and most of the fuselage options. Ive also bought my paint setup but no paint yet and no avionics... Hope this helps.