Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Dynon Press Release:Dynon Refocuses SkyView Line, Lowers Pricing for 2019

Default Dynon Press Release:Dynon Refocuses SkyView Line, Lowers Pricing for 2019

1858F5CF-D731-4FD0-866A-681A40DF4FB3.png
    6D0C5E06-66ED-4295-AEFE-5F38F078D9B3.jpeg

For Immediate Release
    Woodinville, WA March 25, 2019
    Dynon announces price reductions for select SkyView EFIS.
    Dynon Refocuses SkyView Line, Lowers Pricing for 2019
    Consistent with Dynon’s longstanding commitment to affordability, while at the same time offering best-in-class features and performance, it announces product line and pricing changes for 2019.
    “As the SkyView line has evolved over the years, it has grown to four different models, including SkyView HDX, SkyView Touch, SkyView Classic, and SkyView SE. With SkyView HDX representing our state-of-the-art offering with its enhanced user interface, better display quality, and a full touch interface, we felt there was unnecessary overlap in the model line-up. With the avionics market getting ever more competitive, we’ve decided to trim the line to make the product model steps clearer and at the same time sharpen the price points on our original SkyView family models,” indicates Randy Lervold, Dynon’s VP Marketing & Sales.
    Effective immediately, Dynon is lowering the price on both SkyView Classic and SkyView SE systems and is retiring SkyView Touch. SkyView Classic and SkyView SE systems will see price drops of between $200 and $500 per display, depending on the model. “We believe these adjustments make for a more competitive line-up that accommodates a wider range of builder budgets and panel plans. Many builders want a reduced, simplified feature set and are targeting a lower budget. Dynon will help them get there,” indicates Lervold.
    Current pricing for all Dynon products can be found on its website and through its network of dealers worldwide.

For more information contact: michael.schofield@dynonavionics.com
    19825 141st PL NE
    Woodinville, WA 98072
    425-402-0433

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Cool Re: Dynon Press Release:Dynon Refocuses SkyView Line, Lowers Pricing for 2019

I only have about 60 hours experience with the sky view and have built a lot of confidence in it. Yesterday I had something odd come across the screen . Like a door to another dimension. LOL I will describe it to see if anyone else has seen it. I was at over2500 AGL so I was pretty confident I was not hitting anything. It started out as a yellow and orange shadow like the magenta arrows that can show up. As it got closer it turned into a large orange blob or star. Then I flew right through it. I should have taken a picture of the screen but I was scanning outside. It was still 2019 when I landed so I think I am in the same dimension. It was like something on the big star trek screen
    I emailed Dynon and they knew nothin about it . They said let them know if it happens again. It would have been scary at low altitude or a night

Default Re: Dynon Press Release:Dynon Refocuses SkyView Line, Lowers Pricing for 2019

Hey, you might try taking a small fish net up with you, like the one for a home fish tank. Try going back and open the door as you fly through it, scoop a sample. Send it to Dynon and tell them what they have.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Cool Re: Dynon Press Release:Dynon Refocuses SkyView Line, Lowers Pricing for 2019

THey asked if I could go back and find that spot again to see If it is something on the synthetic vision? What is the chance of finding that spot on a 100 mile leg over mtns? Maybe they should have gps tracking on their system. I rarely pay attention to the syn vision because unless you are climbing the pointer covers the horizon and looks like you are heading into it?
    The net idea? I don't like opening door at 110 in23 degrees.LOL
    Last edited by fastfred; 03-28-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Default Re: Dynon Press Release:Dynon Refocuses SkyView Line, Lowers Pricing for 2019

The government does GPS testing in various parts of the country on a regular basis. They issue NOTAMS saying that in the affected areas GPS info may be unreliable. I wonder if you flew thru one of these areas at just the wrong time?
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I was in a active MOA starting 1000 feet above me. But It is not like radar or receiving any signal? It is a program using gps. They are thinking a glitch in the synthetic vision .It makes you look outside I can tell you that
    Last edited by fastfred; 03-29-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Couldn't you send them your flight data? The Gamin G3X it records 70+ pieces of data every second, including your GPS position.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

They did not mention it . I will ask them