Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lake Tahoe Series 7 SS build

Default Re: Lake Tahoe Series 7 SS build

He always brings a smile!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, I didn't realize there were so many based in the Tahoe area. I have 4 heaters in my hanger to keep the chill off but when the blizzard hits I will head up to Reno to take a peek at Mickey.

PM me your contact info

Congrats on delivery of your new toy Tim! Enjoy the build.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Tim, Stan,

There are a couple of us at Reno-Stead that are thinking of a Kitfox build and would like to have a look at your projects some time. I've sent an email to you both (or you can pm me) - please let me know if you are willing to have visitors.

Cheers,
    Greg

I'm at the hangar every weekend. You are welcome to come anytime.

Looking at instruments and radio anybody have experience with the GRT Sport EFIS and EIS? Also the MGL V6 radio. Any input greatly appreciated!

I have the V10 in my Zenith and I love it. I am going with another v10 or a v6 to . The second channel monitor is very convenient and the built in intercom control works awesome. I can play my iphone music and it automatically fades it down when I use the mic. When I fly from Tahoe to Minden to Carson, I sequence the active/monitor channels so I can hear any traffic up ahead. You transition the airspace so fast that I find it comforting to listen ahead to the traffic in the pattern, especially at Minden with all the glider traffic.

The Awos/asos info on standby will dominate the audio so I switch on and off the monitor channel feature at any airport I am landing at. The dual arrows white button is the swap so you dial in the second freq and then swap it to active.

If you take the time to learn all the features and buy their harness to make wiring simple, you will like the radio.

I am looking hard at the MGL Discovery panel to keep it simple. I am waiting to see what the 8.5 inch panel price is. I fly with a Dynon now and it's just ok.

Smile Re: Lake Tahoe Series 7 SS build

Thank you for the info. Am especially happy to hear about the intercom. Iam leaning toward the GRT Sport EFiS in that the AHRS is inside and not remoted. Thanks again for taking the time to fill me in. Will come up after the holidays.
    Regards, Stan

The new mgl discovery also has internal ahrs.

Update: I haven't posted about my build in a few months but I have been busy. I have my 912, prop, upholstery kit, and avionics nearly finished. Get those long lead items ordered guys!

After the 4th of July I will post detailed pics of my progress before I start covering. I am completely assembling my SS7 in the skeleton before I cover it. I will share my experience for those who might want to try it.