Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Fire wall pictures on a Kitfox 4 with 912

Default Fire wall pictures on a Kitfox 4 with 912

Hi all, I'm in the process of rebuilding a Kitfox 4 that had a Subaru engine on it. Making new firewall and such for the 912. I'm curious how much room there is between the starter and where the firewall projects forward for the rudder pedals to go further forward. Or if someone could tell me what the angel is and distance out of that forward projection in relation to the top section of the firewall. Pictures would be very helpful. Thanks, JImChuk

Default Re: Fire wall pictures on a Kitfox 4 with 912

Hope this helps

Russ
    Model IV Speedster
    912UL IVO IFA
    RV6A
    Needle, Ball and Airspeed
    Maybe a little GPS

Thanks guys for the pictures. Russell, looks like you have plenty of room above the rudder pedals even though your firewall goes under the starter. Do you ever wish you had more room? Do your toes ever hit the top when the pedal is all the way forward? Thanks again, JImChuk

No....I have plenty of room (size 12 shoe). I’m also 6’4” tall and with the rudder pedal at full travel, it has about 1/4” before it contacts the firewall. I believe the high torque starter is a little longer and might be an issue with my setup. This airplane fits me very well.

BTW....that top picture on my previous post shows how close the rudder pedal gets at full extension.
    Also....that’s my new $800 muffler.
    Russ
    Model IV Speedster
    912UL IVO IFA
    RV6A
    Needle, Ball and Airspeed
    Maybe a little GPS