Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: jf build

Default Re: jf build

Gonna look sweet!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

IMG_2228.jpg

I have this idea from her 😉
    Miss velma

So we are both inspired by the P-51. Mine was Petie 2nd and 3rd. Do any of you WWII history buffs know what the letters on either side of the star and bar represent?

Just be aware JF that they won’t allow you to put the C and the F together and the reg has to be in a row.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    So we are both inspired by the P-51. Mine was Petie 2nd and 3rd. Do any of you WWII history buffs know what the letters on either side of the star and bar represent?
    When I rebuilt my bicycle, It got aluminum paint with invasion stripes, and blue handlebar tape, inspired by Crazy Horse. The P-51 is surely one of the most beautiful airplanes ever built.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    The 2 letters together represented the unit the plane was assigned to and the single letter represented the pilot the aircraft was assigned to.

R/ Todd

Hi team,im now working on cowling,i have a lots of fun because i push the windshield more foward for the look
    and That give me more work after..That is why my cowling going down like That 😩
    But at the end it’s looking good to me 🤨(give me your opinion on That)
    so i install cleco on everything and i dont like the space between the cleco..so i manage to install piano hinge..
    much better now..but beside the door like you can see i need to do something???
    I think to make like Lowell and put some fiberglass on doorpost tube..
    i order the spinner and the internal propeller control from murle william’s..
    i have to made the oppening for those blades,pretty easy but now i have to made connections for That .

A other problem it was the oil tank 😡my cowling is more lower
    so i cut the tank and give That to my nephew and i try to weld it with tig,but he made a mess
    so i re cut the tank and i give That in professional hand and they made a good job..but now my tank are really small 😬tell me if you know what is the minimum i can have in this oil tank???

I see you have fasteners on the lower cowl. If I were to address the gap at the door post I would simply throw one more fastener in the upper cowl. Of course you may have to weld in a tab to accommodate the female half of the fastener.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Good idea my friend,thank’s Eddie,i will made That afternoon,i think to used the tab for the door latch 😉

hi guy's ...i hope everybody going well, for me and my familly we are at home since 3 week's......... or more, i dont know ,i lost the time during that
    whatever, now i have more time to work on kitfox
    here is the center consol, in model 2 it is really tite to pass all stuff like hose and wire ....
    so i start by making a paper on at first after that i made one in foam with electric tape all around .
    then i spray some hairspray to my wife and stick some fiberglass on that,,,,,,,the result was so badso made a lot of sanding,putey......sanding....resin.....sanding... cuting...and you know what i talking about
    i spray primer and same paint iv'e put on control panel(EZ-LINER)
    on each side of the consol i instal two aluminum angle on the floor and two aluminum sheet cover with vinyl simili wood...
    i need to find something to fill the gap around the flap handle,like rubber...
    93183209_3070853106304643_2912762896486236160_n.jpg93473563_3070852889637998_1853309926168854528_n (1).jpg93795105_3070852969637990_6724032307050577920_n.jpg92824114_3070852999637987_807383302515195904_n.jpg