Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: jf build

Default Re: jf build

that looks like a a very thorough job JF! Looking good - I really like the look of the white Polyfibre when heat shrunk - it is a shame to have to put all that pink poly brush all over it!

Enjoying reading about your progress.

cheers

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Hey JF, looking good. Looks like we are at similar stages now. Last one to fly has to buy the other a beer!

Lolll...ya Josh....it is funny to see your progress....like me...but i think your are more slow than me..
    I have 3 young kid's....

Thank's Ross...you guy's did you rib laced the rib number one.were the fuel gage are????

NO Jf.

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Ok...thank's Ross..

image.jpg

There he is...lot of job but fun...now i just need to put the 6 inch Tape on leading edge... One question for you guy's .i found more easy to glue the tip of the tape and when it is dry i fill the tape with poly-brush by the top... Im the only one who doing that..or did you have advice on this method

anti-uv.jpg

ther he is...all tape on...first coat of ployspray..it's looking good...but some tape edge lift...so i need to come back with iron...cleaning and two more cross coat..
    Last edited by Jfquebec; 04-30-2016 at 05:29 AM.

JFQuebec,

It is best two snap your lines, wet the area with polybrush then apply your tape in the wet polybrush. Use your snapped lines to keep your tape straight and carefully work it down the line. IMO you need the polybrush first this aids in bonding the tape to the fabric, may also alleviate dry spots in your finish. Snapping two lines at the width of the tape will help keep the tape straight and will also help it from being stretched wider during application. Second note is you do not need a heavy coat, soak the weave, the tape should easily stick to the tape and partially wet thorough and be able to slide around a bit. On a long section you don't have to apply the polybrush down the hole run. It will start to tack which will make it more difficult, work 3-5' at a time or what ever you are comfortable with. Try not to leave ridges outside the snapped lines, dry brush this area for a smoother over all finish. And don't worry you more layers to apply it will all start to level out.

Looking good.
    Kitfox 7-Flying
    ABW 26", T3, ABW 3200 Tailwheel
    Rotax 912ULS, Warp Drive Taper

Looking good JF!

Thank's for tip's ... And thank's josh