Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Dynon radio question

Default Dynon radio question

Hello, I have a Dynon system (Skyview and Radio). When transmitting, there is no sidetone on the pilot side. Co-pilot side has sidetone. I’ve reviewed the manual, and haven’t found an issue with settings. Anyone had the same problem. Wiring was done by Advanced Flight Systems with the exception of the PTT. When the PTT button are pressed TX appears on the radio screen. I’ve posted on the Dynon forum as well, but I thought I would see if anyone here has any suggestions.
    Thanks
    John

Default Re: Dynon radio question

Silly question: Have you verified that you get audio at all in the headset?
    Did AFS wire the headset jacks as well? I'd give the jack wiring a good look to make sure there's nothing obvious, and give AFS a call/email. My experience is that they are very responsive and give excellent customer service.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Default Re: Dynon radio question

I did contact Dynon and they were prompt in their response. I needed to adjust the sidetone in settings on the Skyview HDX. Also I found out that when the PTT button is activated sidetone is only heard the headset on the side activated. In other words activating PTT on pilots side, sidetone only heard on pilots headset. Passenger side doesn’t hear sidetone. So you have to make sure you’re plugged into the proper jacks. The headset jacks were wired by AFS. So I was able to solve my issue. DAR scheduled for inspection tomorrow morning. I’m in the process of getting my tail wheel endorsement from Halterman Aviation in his Kitfox ELSA. It won’t be long until the first flight of N825PJ. Thanks for the response.
    John