Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Another East Coaster looking for a local Kitfox (KRIC)

Default Another East Coaster looking for a local Kitfox (KRIC)

I am interested in possibly buying a Kitfox. Being 6'6" and 210#, I figured it would be a wise idea to "try one on" before I got too serious. I managed to track down a Kitfox 4 through our local EAA chapter. A bit too short on headroom. If there is any chance I might fit in one of these, its going to be a K5-7. I am in the Richmond, VA area. Willing to travel. Thank you in advance for any help.

Default Re: Another East Coaster looking for a local Kitfox (KRIC)

Charliebravo - mine is still on a rotisserie so sitting in it isn't really an option but looking, feeling, touching, picturing, measuring, etc., certainly is. I'm west of DC near Warrenton if you're interested.

Thank you Delta Whisky. I was actually looking at your build site last night. Looks great. Always fascinated with others skillful work. I'll have to wait until your father along though as I was really hoping to try the fit. I have been entertaining the idea of a trip out to "stick and rudder" this year, but I need to make sure It won't be a wasted trip. Out of curiosity, what is your timeline on completion?

My stock answer is: Tuesday.

I know you are hoping for something more useful but I don't have anything to go by. I've never painted before and have been impressed with how slow I've done the covering thing - so far. But I have only myself to blame as I'm trying to not take a step into the unknown without studying. (My prior build was all aluminum.) That said the wings shouldn't take too long (and the peanut gallery said: "I've heard that before.") then it is engine and cowling. With all of the company we have on the books, plus OSH and SnF, a fairly decent guess is now fall - hopefully this fall.

And then the laughter started!!

I will hopefully have figured this out long before fall I was asking more out of curiosity. Fall is a really aggressive schedule.