Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Wire size on stator

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wire size on stator

I have my engine crated up for repair. I forgot to check the wire size on the stator wires, specifically the red (power) and yelow (charging) wires. The red are the one's that go to the ignition modules and the yellow are the ones for the charging system. This is on an older 912 and it was suggested that these are know to go bad from vibration over time. I can get the stator removed and supposedly solder on new wires. I am on my way into the avionics shop this morning to see if I can buy some 'aviation' grade wire. Any one know the size of these wires? I am thinking the red is possibly 18 guage and the yellow is 16 guage. I am getting these figures by converting the numbers that are in the maintaince manual. Yet another conversion table suggests the red is roughly 20 guage and the yellow is roughly 14 guage. Which s this correct?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by WWhunter; 03-13-2019 at 06:29 AM. Reason: additional info