Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dactel's Build

Default Re: Dactel's Build

I “fixed” the drill press photo orientation yesterday. I never had these issues until I (we) started taking photos with an iPhone or iPad instead of a digital camera. Might have something to do with the auto-uprighting screen feature of these devices but not completely sure. When I see a crooked posted photo I just copy it into my iPad photo location then do a quick edit to rotate to proper orientation then replace the photo. Takes about five minutes. A member would have to catch it shortly after posting to do this edit as our operating software times out for edits on posts after a short time. This editing timer protects our data base from malicious damage like we sustained early on in the forums life. When I see a crooked photo I usually address it. Keep posting photos guys. Others benefit greatly from your generosity. 👍👍

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thank you for all your work! I certainly have already benefited from TeamKitfox so much and saved myself a lot of trial-n-error related griefs, no doubt. But, most of all, I very much enjoy the community.

I will do my best to try to get the photos righted using your tips as well.
    Last edited by dactel; 05-28-2020 at 02:11 PM.
    Terry
    ATP, Goldseal CFI/CFII/MEI

SS7
    Portland, OR

Your welcome Terry. Happy you’re part of this community and thanks for all you contribute.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Ive been here for what, 4 years. I have this problem as do gobs of others. Im not sure there is a fix. I use both platforms but I can't say I recall one has the problem or if it is both, to be honest.
    Roger that, Eddie. It’s no big deal though. Just wanted to make sure nothing on my end was the cause....
    Terry

SS7
    Portland, OR

I cut all the stiffners to the appropriate lengths for the HS and the elevator ribs, then sanded them all for bonding. Nothing hard here. I marked each part where they are supposed to go with a sharpie to prevent some griefs later on.

F24A18EC-B027-4E69-9F7F-46CB29AECC8D.jpeg4B5AE0DD-AFFE-4C72-908B-9738426EFE56.jpegE0B2ADD3-4C4E-4E52-B02A-75ACA424620E.jpeg
    Terry

SS7
    Portland, OR

The first day working with Hysol. I bonded several HS ribs with stiffners to cure overnight. It is almost like caulking - the smaller the beads you use the easier and cleaner it is. I also drilled a ½ inch holes on the 310 ribs and enlarged them with a Dremel tool for access to the stabilizer hinge.

To apply Hysol, I did not use a syringe or a baggie. Instead, I cut the end of a tongue depressor at 90 degrees so that it had a flat edge and used it to dab on small amounts of Hysol.

VbGTmMbcRcS5ofeSjCCC1Q.jpgZmeoX9IsR8m2SFlSEXGISw.jpg2Yfgf6szQv6qnJWqV0GWhA.jpgfullsizeoutput_600c.jpg
    Last edited by dactel; 05-29-2020 at 10:26 PM.
    Terry

SS7
    Portland, OR

Default Re: Dactel's Build-HS ribs and elevator rib stiffners

Finished Hysoling all HS and elevator ribs with stiffners.

Today, I used syringe method to apply the Hysol. I have a box of 10cc size irrigation syringes which are cheap enough to throw away after a use. They are great for applying small amounts of Hysol to small areas.

QBkDoG%vSwCuKWNIkjC08w.jpg
    Terry

SS7
    Portland, OR

Sure like that black frame! Nice hysol work.
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Thanks, Brett! Yeah, I figured black frame would probably less reflect off the windshield, etc...
    Terry

SS7
    Portland, OR

Today, I installed a half of HS ribs onto the metal frame. I used syringe method again to minimize the mess. Again, putting Hysol was like caulking - you want to keep the beads as small as possible for clean installation. Whenever needed, I cleaned up unsightly messes with a rag or a piece of paper towel wetted in denatured alcohol.

5FE16D5E-03D9-4BAB-BB73-8C473BB89E0C.jpeg2E5DF095-8DAD-486B-8314-CDE18F6EAEBF.jpeg
    Terry

SS7
    Portland, OR