Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble Build

Default Re: Noble Build

Scott,
    Not yet. I have a January build with a February delivery. Time is just crawling by. I've learned a lot following your build and the others, but man do I want to get started in the worst way. I'm going to run down and pick it when the time comes, which should be fun. John McBean still owes me my demo ride, which I'm looking forward to as well. It will be a nice birthday present.

kebo

Made some good progress this past week. I added some pictures to the album below.

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/album.php?albumid=308

I got the vertical and horizontal stabs along with the rudder and elevator done. Another month to finish up the fuse and I'll be ready to start covering everything.

Enjoy

IMG_7356.jpg

IMG_7361.jpg

IMG_7336.jpg

Scott

I've been starting to think about my panel.

IMG_7374.jpg

On the left side I have my ELT indicator, then my radio and ignition. In the middle is the Advanced 5600. Below the 5600 is the EXP Bus Load center. On the right is the lid for my glove box (35$ from Vans Aircraft).

I plan on using the following:
    ADVANCED 5600 10.5" - Maps, AOA and Engine monitor for the Rotax 912IS. The radio and transponder will be controled from the 5600.
    SANDIA STX 165R REMOTE TRANSPONDER
    DITTEL KRT2 VHF TRANRSCEIVER.
    EXP Bus Load center.

As you can see I'm thinking about putting my 5600 in the middle of the panel. I like the idea of being able to see the instruments from either seat. I like having the stick in my right hand like in a cub.

This list and plan is still in development. Let me know what you think.

Looks like I'll be starting covering everything in February. Wish me luck.

Scott

I came up with another way to close out the butt ribs. I heated up some acrilic, wraped it around a pvc pipe then formed it with a dremel to close out the ends. I'll glue end pieces next. There are some more pictures in my albums.
    IMG_7380.jpg

Bubble door installation. I'll have to admit that this was a bit stressful. I completed the job without any damage. The instructions say to use a 5/32nd drill bit for acrilic but only 1/8th and 1/4 are inclued. 4 stores later without finding the bit I tried a unibit. Unibits work great on acrilic. Other than the bit the doors went together without a hitch.
    IMG_7383.jpg

A few odds and ends to finish up and I'll be on to covering.

Scott

Again, nice progress Scott. I know you've only had the kit for 3 months. Way to get after it. Wait till covering. Lots of immediate gratification during that process.

I like the black powder coated fuselage. If I ever build again it will have the black fuselage. Much nicer for photographing from the cockpit. Less glare.

I also added your photo albums to the TKF Photo Album section on the front page. Happened to notice you were not there yet. Now you are.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks for adding the pics to the photo section. I'm having a blast building. I'd spend more time out in the garage if I could. My wife and family are thankfully being supportive. One more day to work on the Fox then it's back to my day job.

Scott

PS The flying videos from all you guys fuel all of this work. Keep them comming!

Love it. This is how fast I planned on building my plane til my job got in the way. I still am not settled enough in Edmonton to start working on it again. Oh well. Glad you are making progress.

Hope you will be back at it soon Esser! Your progress was helpful. Now that your on this side of the contenent it won't be such a trek to go to the factory fly in or the Kitfox Farm fly in. See you there once were done.

Scott

Great Pics, Esser.
    Your story of installing the bubbledoors triggered me: is there anything else you want to share with us on that subject?

I'm ready covering & painting and have saved the doors for the final part (they won't open in the small workshop I own, so this is the final part before taking her to a real airfield..).
    As told to you earlier, you think you have fun - wait untill you get to covering!!

Hello Hans,
    The bubble door job went together pretty straight forward per the instructions. One place that I deviated from the instuctions was to drill the holes in the door frame first then back drilled through the holes into the bubble door with the 1/8th acrilic drill bit. In order to increase the holes in the acrilic to 5/32nd I used a unibit. For me those two changes along with the instructions worked without any trouble.

Scott Noble