Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble Build

Default Re: Noble Build

Dustin, Looks like you and Mark are doing a nice job. That rotisserie has blue from my plane and Orange from Dougs plane. What color are you going to be adding to it? That thing sure saves lots of work. Good luck on covering the rest of your fuse.

Josh, All that work on the airport will be worth it when you get to fly your Kitfox into it. That Polyfiber course will come in handy when you get to covering.

Just a few more items to wire into my EFIS harness and the com wiring to go and my electrical will be complete.

Good luck guys.

Scott

I uploaded some new photos to my one of my albums. I've made some progress on my Panel and electrical. I also included some detailed pictures of the windshield fit for those who are working on that part.

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/album.php?albumid=321

IMG_9873.jpg

IMG_9883.jpg

Next thing is to install the wings so I can terminate the AHRS, Oat, Nav and landing lights.

Scott

They aren't kidding when they say you can build a Kitfox in a two car garage.
    IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Ok it's been a while since I posted last so here is an update.

First Flight 3.jpg

Here is another one taxi testing with a friend.

First Flight 1.jpg

Lots of work goes into one of these, but it is all worth it. Thanks to a great ground crew yesterday for making it happen.

Scott

So your are finished and have your airworthy certificate? Congrats! Now the phase 1 work begins. You are going to have some great fun. Good luck with the testing.

Congratulations Scott on a great looking Fox. Hope you have a blast!!

Dutch.

Scott, What a cool looking bushplane you built- As I have followed your progress on this site I thought this guy is moving right along, so I went back to your first post and saw it was 9/29/12. So you did all this in just a year and a few months-unbelievable . You and Ross in OZ must be using the same elves. My Series 5 took me 3 plus years! Have a blast flying it. Coming up on 11 years since I finished mine and after a fun ski flying session yesterday, I reflected on how much I still enjoy this little airplane. Bruce N199CL

Noble Build liberated from the one car garage and the Earth!

I watched this guy raise a family, hold down a demanding job, and do a QUALITY build on his KFSS while helping many of us all at the same time. Well done and well deserved, my guru!

Need balast in the right seat? I'm available....I won't tell anyone.

Fantastic, what a beautiful plane.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Thanks guys! The support from TeamKitfox, The Factory(John and Deb) and my local EAA was invaluable on this build. I really recommend Kitfox for a first time builder the factory goes the extra mile in supporting their builders. I got my AW cert a week ago Friday and just had to wait for good weather to fly. It took a couple months to get my paperwork through the FAA process so plan ahead builders when you get to the end of your builds. I'm looking forward to flying off phase one. Just waiting for a break in the constant Pacific Northwest rain showers.
    Here are some pictures from the garage to the hangar.
    IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg