Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Captainphx's build

Default Re: Captainphx's build

Quote Originally Posted by SomeDay7 View Post
    Geek, I am not worried about that much authority on the rudder. If I have to go there it wouldn't be good anyway.
    You could always temporarily connect your rudder cables up and see how much travel you actually need with 25 degrees of deflection right and left.
    Starfox

Default Re: Captainphx's build

Quote Originally Posted by captainphx View Post
    Been a while since I posted…Oratex is now installed except for the fuselage. Just checking as much of the rigging as I can first. Most rigging is set. I am having a little trouble with the aileron rigging though. Manual says that left aileron bellcrank should be set to 26 degrees aft of vertical, and the right bellcrank 32 degrees forward of vertical. I have the left set exactly at 26 degrees aft of vert. When I check the right it is 28 degrees forward of vertical. Since the 2 bellcranks are welded to the same tube, how can I change anything on the right bellcrank? What am I missing here?

So after an email exchange with Brandon Petersen at Kitfox, I’ve gotten this figured out. Thanks Brandon! I thought I’d share it here in case any others are having the same issue. Brandon said that he has seen those angles to be a little off on some mixers and to just split the difference. He also said that I would get better results if I adjusted aileron linkage on the mixer assembly to 3.7 inches as opposed to the 4 inches stated in the manual. This improved things a lot. I ended up with the left bellcrank at 26.8 and the right at 30.4 degrees. This did require that both aileron connect tube rod ends be adjusted all the way out until the witness holes were “just” 100% covered. BTW, this 3.7 inch adjustment only applies to the STi. Reference page 34 and 35 of the final assembly chapter. Hope this helps someone else.
    Paul

Building STi
    Rotax 915is
    MT Prop
    Oratex
    N951CT