Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: dle's Oz Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: dle's Oz Build

Time for some more building confessions. Spent the whole of Easter fabric covering the LH wing (I have a very understanding partner - thankfully) .... the RH wing I'd covered earlier in the year. I've included a few photos of the process along the way, more for new builders than the folks that have been there before. My build space gets very messy during this stage because there ain't much time to push a broom when you have various adhesives and other compounds that go off in higher temperatures so there's stuff on the floor that normally isn't there. So after this weekend just gone, both wings are now covered and just need the 96 coats of polybrush and polyspray to complete ... and then only before the final paint scheme .... Maybe I should have looked at Oratex after all !!.

This weekend, I also fitted up the engine and trimmed the lower cowl to suit. I had a friend over to help and he put together aluminium alloy trays for the fuselage aft of the baggage bay. Somewhere down that way I'll be mounting the battery, and maybe a backup ... not sure about that yet. I'm also looking at putting on a T3 tailwheel kit with a twin fork 8" Matco or something similar as I plan on doing mostly outback or bush flying. But I'll have to do some preliminary weight and balance to make sure I don't drag the empty weight CG too far aft. Just out of curiosity, has anyone weighed their wings (covered) and fuselage (covered) as individual assemblies before final spray painting ?. If someone else has done so, would appreciate some weights, otherwise I'll try and rig up something myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David
    SS7 Builder