Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: dle's Oz Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: dle's Oz Build

One fairly obvious tip (to everyone else but me) is not to label the wires all at the same place (usually at the end of the wire). Doing this can often result in a big bulge of wires + their labels when they go into something like a D-Sub connector. Guess how I know this

(Labels snipped off and then staggered along the wires)

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSS View Post
    One fairly obvious tip (to everyone else but me) is not to label the wires all at the same place (usually at the end of the wire). Doing this can often result in a big bulge of wires + their labels when they go into something like a D-Sub connector. Guess how I know this

(Labels snipped off and then staggered along the wires)
    Yep, agree. Staggered mine for that reason. At the moment I’m just struggling with how best to route wires so it doesn’t look like a bowl of spaghetti ...
    David
    SS7 Builder

I love spaghetti, except in wire bundles.

Thanks guys, comments appreciated. You do all this work to get to the stage of painting and then, at least in my case, you agonise over colours because that's what people see, and don't see all the real work underlying that. But similar to Brian's paint scheme, the grey and yellow, or orange, go well together. That striping took, literally hours to mask off for a matter of minutes spray painting. I can now understand why it costs heaps for stripes or other similar markings ... and the Lycoming O-233 (mine is carburettor too Steve) should give enough grunt. Ben has the injected version so will be interesting to see how fuel consumptions compare. But yep, the list gets shorter each day ...
    David
    SS7 Builder