Yes Eddie, I'm thinking I'll shorten the bolt and per Bud's suggestion, will consider turning the head to the inside, although that may not be necessary if I install an inspection hole as a "just in case" .... either that or extra fabric in that area. Either way, good piece of advice from a maintenance perspective. Will think on that. Thanks. I'd already decided to provide access holes for the nuts retaining the nylon bearing block and RH bearing Assy for the control column cross tube and I dare say there'll be quite a few more places as well. I haven't read the manual cover to cover yet but I'm sure there'll be plenty of recommendations.

Im keen to put access holes wherever critical bolts and nuts are located. I'm always concerned about nuts unravelling where you have potential vibration or relative motion as in control system joints. I've seen Hi Lok rivet heads rotate relative to their swaged collars in commercial aircraft so it's quite possible for it to happen although nylon nuts should be more resistant to it. That's why I put a green paint mark on the nut and through threads on locknuts so I can see if there's been any nut rotation during inspection intervals.