Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Hoenshell's Build

Default Re: Hoenshell's Build

I think I could make it work with two elbows; although, I think it will be easier to move header tank inboard 1" to match drain hole. My passenger inner seat belt will rub on the header tank. I don't see that being an issue and I have made sure it will clear the seat pan. Thanks.
    Shawn
    Building IV Classic

I had to move mine over also, to line up the quick drain. I just modified the mountings to make it fit.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Frankly, I would suggest that moving the penetration location in the fabric would be the simplest approach and would avoid inducing other complications. And your paint touch up will be out of sight on the belly.
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

Quote Originally Posted by colospace View Post
    Frankly, I would suggest that moving the penetration location in the fabric would be the simplest approach and would avoid inducing other complications. And your paint touch up will be out of sight on the belly.
    I will second Gary's fix of simply moving the drain outlet on the bottom of the fuse to match the new tank. After 15 years of owning and modifying my Series 5 , I find that every time you decide to change something in the plane a domino effect ensues. I always strive for the simplest fix and doing a bit of fabric patching in this situation will be the simplest thing to do . Bruce N199CL

With Oratex it would be a no brainer. I have concerns with the seat belt interference myself.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I respectfully disagree. Moving the tank about 1" toward the pilot is much easier; there are no complications, no fabric work, no touch-up, no welding on tank or airframe. See my photos below. I simply added a bolt-on aluminum bar across the top mounting tabs. Then drilled this bar for the new adel clamp locations-easy peasy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I respectfully agree... Nice work Jim, I think that is what I would do also.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I respectfully appreciate your comments. I guess it's good to have multiple options. I believe I've decided to move the tank inboard to meet the drain opening. I didn't cover this plane and have little experience with fabric repair, or changes in this case. I've done some fitting with the seat pan and seat belt and seem like everything will fit with maybe some minor contact between the tank and passenger seat belt. Good for me, I will be in the other seat.
    Shawn
    Building IV Classic

I will definitely continue to post things that might provide value to readers here on TeamKitfox and in this thread; although, if you are interested in following my build progress more closely you can find me here...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/doghouse/
    Shawn
    Building IV Classic

Just joined-Lots of great photos! Thanks for opening it up to others, this will definitely be great going forward with our IV build. Best of luck!!
    -David
    Building Classic IV
    https://carrieraero.wordpress.com/