Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Aus S7 Kitfox

Default Re: Aus S7 Kitfox

Found the answer on the Ausfly website, Under wing camping it is!
    I better get the wings on first before I get ahead of my self

https://ausfly.com.au/2018/11/ausfly...-october-2019/
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Excellent! Yes, there are all options for camping and even some motel rooms there at the field. Gayle and I prefer to camp under wing - there is a good ammenities block.

Its going to be a fun year flying I think - we are planning an Arnhem land/Kimberleys trip for May/June.

I also have been talking to Manager of the Western Parks at
    broken Hill re access to the corner country parks and its ooking good - more details as they become available.

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Quote Originally Posted by rosslr View Post
    Excellent! Yes, there are all options for camping and even some motel rooms there at the field. Gayle and I prefer to camp under wing - there is a good ammenities block.

Its going to be a fun year flying I think - we are planning an Arnhem land/Kimberleys trip for May/June.

I also have been talking to Manager of the Western Parks at
    broken Hill re access to the corner country parks and its ooking good - more details as they become available.

cheers

r
    Hi Ross would you give me a call Les UL Power Australia

Well it's been a while so lots to update on the project.
    I had been cogitating the cabane bush gear for some time and finally decided that now was the best time to bite the bullet and get it done. It's cost me a small fortune with the Aussie dollar and freight but I couldn't be happier with the look. I put a bit of my own spin on the gear (as I usually do and take the more difficult road), I purchased the cabane gear through Kitfox without the TK1s and then went down the path of using ACME shocks which required a few modifications to the cabane gear to make them work. Kitfox have a great product with the monster shock gear and TK1s but the ACME shocks offered a cleaner look that I was chacing and where a little bit lighter. I made all the fairings out of carbon fibre and streamlined the v brace.
    Lots of other odd jobs getting ticked of the list like painting and lettering of the centre console, fairing the horizontal tailplane struts and assembly of the tail end.
    The wings will be one of the last things to go on due to limited hangar space at the moment.
    IMG_5267.jpgIMG_2574.jpgIMG_2580.jpgIMG_2582.jpgIMG_5201.jpgIMG_5198.jpgIMG_5254.jpgIMG_5235.jpgIMG_5268.jpgIMG_5269.jpgIMG_5265.jpgIMG_5243.jpg
    Last edited by Mcgaero; 02-25-2019 at 04:22 AM.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Nice Ben! I am in the market for shocks too and was looking at the Acmes. What mods did you have to do to make them work? Are you going to fair them too?
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Hey Josh, the main part was the v brace and clearance for the top attach point of the shocker. ACME make eccentric bushes for this top point but it’s still not enough so I had to scallop a section out and weld a radius pice in to get the clearance. Other than that it was just machining bushes to match the gear.
    Really happy with the quality of the shocks thou and the guys from ACME where great to deal with!
    We will see how they perform..... in the near future I hope.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

I might look at fairing the shocks once I’m flying. I kind of like the look of them the way they are but there would be a whole lot of drag being the perfect cylindrical shape they are.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Nice workmanship on that v-brace and fairings Ben!
    Your gaining all around with less weight and the smaller frontal area with the Acme shock
    and your fairings are cutting a lot of drag.
    Besides with those tires your only getting so far aerodynamically.
    I like it. Looks great!
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Thanks bbs428!
    Kitfox got to see some sunshine this morning
    I’m getting excited!!!!
    0F47108D-73C0-479E-94A9-44FED5A1624E.jpg5E50D220-D6C9-4C5A-AEAC-74CB8813D881.jpgA2D5D593-75CE-4C7C-97DA-204DA5695B80.jpg
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Awesome Ben, just awesome. No other words ...
    David
    SS7 Builder