Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Aus S7 Kitfox

Default Aus S7 Kitfox

Hi All, it's time I introduce my self... My name is Ben and I have been building a 233 Lycoming series 7 Kitfox for the past couple of years.

I live in Australia just a few hours south from Ross at Mt Beauty, I think it's Ross that has inspired me the most to finally make a post with his amazing effort on this forum and with his build!
    I have really enjoyed reading everyone's input and figured it was time I had a go at contributing!

I built a Waiex a number of years back and have been enjoying flying that as I build the kitfox. Progress has been slow with work commitments the last year but I hope to have more time now to build (and post progress!)
    I have covered the wings, tail plane and currently getting as much done on the fuse before I cover it next.
    image.jpg
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Default Re: Aus S7 Kitfox

Ben
    Excellent, looks like you are making good progress. I see you've even got some of the much dreaded rib stitching complete. I see you've got some nice fat tires, I love mine, when I was working on my Advanced Flight, it gave me a nice comfy place to sit, and work under the panel. I also like how they help absorb the landing shock!

Keep up the good work. If you want some enthusiasm, call up Ross, and see if he would mind a visit to look over to meet him and to look over his project. Ross has been working like a man searching out a "Vision Quest", and nothing will stop him. Looking over his plane, will definitely give you some some of his vision, and enthusiasm.

Excellent progress, make it a point to post some of your progress every so often, then a couple of times in a week, and stick to it. Then we will get to read a post about your plans to fly up to Mt. beauty to go flying with Ross.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Hey Ben! At last! Good for you. I wish you a bit closer at the moment as I good do with your expertise on electrical and engine stuff - but muddling through.

Paul (and others), Ben and I know each other and he was over here a few months ago with his lovely partner and had dinner with us. He is a rather modest young fellow - his Waiex is a work of art! He is Licensed Aircraft Mechanical Engineer who works on Esso Helicopters and was very generous with his time when we were considering the project in showing us his kit. Starting a new job and having to do extra training has slowed him a bit, but watch this one - I know it will be a exemplar of a Kitfox as his workmanship is superb!

No pressure Ben - good to hear from you!

cheers

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Hi Paul and Ross, I have alot to live up to after Ross has filled in some gaps!
    Yes we had a great time visiting your self and Gayle a few months back, your amazing hospitality was very kind! We left Mt Beauty a little more determin to get building and not get left to far behind after seeing your pride and joy!

Paul, I must admit I have been found sitting on my tires deep in thought as to how I should proceed with the next step
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

The tundra tires are great for a pair of tired feet after a long day at a Fly in. Park your plane so your sitting in the shade of the wing around lunch time, and you’ll have a nice place for lunch.

You have a great resource with Ross being ahead of you in the build. However, after reading Ross’ posting about your qualifications, I would suspect you may be getting some calls from Ross when he needs a engineering assistance. I retired after 35 years at Raytheon as a Mechanical Engineer.

Y’all (I’m from Texas) keep the postings coming we all enjoy reading them, and it will help spur you on in your project.

Have a great weekend.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Spent some time on the firewall and boot cowl the last couple of days.
    I have decided to install dual brakes so it's almost time to order some more parts from Kitfox. Im thinking on the list will be the new tail wheel spring I have seen getting around, the new design kitfox have come up with looks like a much better system than the leaf springs... I think it's all been positive from an older thread I was reading on the forum?
    image.jpg
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

"Some time" looks like half a day minimum!

Haha Yes... There might have been half a day in puting the pattern on the firewall, it felt like 2 days by the time I was finished!
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Nice one Ben! You spent that long putting a pattern on the firewall?? Really? what is the pattern for? Hope to see you soon.

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Ross, no it wasn't quite that long.. It's just for looks, i polished the fire wall in my last aeroplane so i thought id try something different, you know me... This is why im still building and your almost flying!
    Yes I look fwd to catching up again!
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233