Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Aus S7 Kitfox

Default Re: Aus S7 Kitfox

Thanks David.
    Have a look at Lycoming Mandatory Special Advisory No: SA 130-1113
    This was regarding replacement of coils but your engine may have the later coils anyway.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Progress has been slow over Christmas but it's nice to spend time with friends and family at this time of year. I did managed to make a duct for the oil cooler using another duct that I chopped, glued and moulded plasticine around to get the right shape for a mold. Also made a bracket to mount the lightspeed ignition coils and various other small jobs I've lost track off... the list is long but it is getting shorter. Unfortunately work calls for another 7 days.

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

As usual, nice work Ben .... and just curious, is that firewall one you made or did it come with the kit ?. Also, didn’t you get an oil cooler duct ?.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Firewall came with the kit David but I have changed a few things with it.
    The kit did come with an earls automotive oil cooler and duct but I didn’t really like the quality of it and the way it was mounted to the firewall so bought a light weight aircraft cooler, hence the reason I had to make another duct.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

My firewall is straight stainless, without the patterning like yours. I haven't got to the oil cooler yet so not familiar with any quality issues, if any. I've had a couple of issues with the engine mount though - interference with the rear mounted fuel pump on the carb engine version and another interference with the mount and engine block casting. Fortunately, I have an excellent aircraft welder at YMMB (ex client of mine) so he's sorted these minor annoyances.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Good to hear your getting it sorted David, I had the same clearance issues you mentioned with the engine mount. The firewall pattern is something I put on before I assembled it.
    I guess choosing an engine that’s not real common we were bound to come across a couple of hurdles.
    Looking forward to seeing more progress pics of your fox, I bet your steaming ahead!
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

With you both getting close to finish (!) can I suggest you book out dates for Ausfly this year at Narromine? - 17-20 October. Craig and I are planing it and if you both come it will be 4 KF together! might be an Australian record!

And we can watch while you both take out the grad champion prizes!

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Good thinking Ross, I might have to put in for holidays.
    Do you know if they still allow under wing camping? I haven’t been to Ausfly for a few years now.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Ausfly is a definite possibility for me - if that makes sense.... As per Ben, do you camp underwing or take the luxury of a hotel room ?. As for prizes, I'm happy to just get there - and then park a loooong way from Ben's Da Vinci/Van Gough !
    David
    SS7 Builder

Na we have to park all the Kitfox’s together, I keep telling everyone, mine will be the plane old silver one with no stripes or nothing.... I’m coming for fun not awards!
    Last edited by Mcgaero; 01-07-2019 at 11:51 PM.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233