Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Aus S7 Kitfox

Default Re: Aus S7 Kitfox

Ben, you've created a Van Gough. I still haven't graduated beyond crayons ....

Stella workmanship. Congratulations. Sometime a think a video "fly through" of your build would benefit a lot of people.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Thanks David, not quite a Van Gough... he probably would have finished it in a few months the way he pumped paintings out.
    I bet your secretly churning away on your masterpiece and almost ready to fly....
    I can feel my self getting more eager to become airborne as the end is getting closer. I think Ross has given up as the years have rolled by but I promise Mt Beauty will be getting harassed in the near future by a silver fox!
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

I'm listening and watching U2!

I told people on this forum when you started Ben that your plane will set new standards! It looks great in the photos but its even more amazing to see in real life!

Cant wait for you both to get airborne - Mt Beauty will be ready and welcoming for you both!

What months are you both aiming for first flights?? Gayle and I would love to be there if possible.

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Haha I thought you might be Ross...
    To be honest I don't really have any fixed plans for when it will fly, I just want to keep putting in as many hours as I can to finish it the way I want.
    Still lots to do, fabricating mounts for engine crank angle sensors and a fair amount of firewall forward to set up. Lead time on the propeller is feb/march.
    It's all coming together nicely thou.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

March/April timeframe for my first flight, just not quite sure which year ...

Engine crank angle sensor Ben ?. I see some kind of evil plot developing here ....
    David
    SS7 Builder

David, I have fitted a dual lightspeed ignition system which requires crank angle sensors. I have spoken to a few people running the champion systems and are lucky to get 200-300 hours out of them before either a control module goes or a coil, hence the reason I mentioned giving me a call at some stage about it.
    We are not sure if it is a heat related issue so it might be a good idea to set up cooling blast tubes if your going to use that system, then it might be ok. Any how give me a call if u want to know more... there’s also interesting points on the internal altinator that might be of interest.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Tidied up some loose ends with the wiring and instrument plumbing this weekend before installing the firewall for good. Tomorrow I plan on removing the engine from its humidity controlled bag and bolting it back on.
    Not far of giving this wiring the smoke test.... IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Smile Re: Aus S7 Kitfox

A work of art Ben.
    r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Really well done!

Hi Ben, your work is awesome! Is that some type of coating on the back of the firewall?