Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Aus S7 Kitfox

Default Re: Aus S7 Kitfox

Been working on the instrument panel the last couple of weeks, I'm happy with the way it's all coming together and retaining an old school feel.
    Ignore the green on the sub panel, its only masking tape.
    Just need to finish of the glove box door and its nearly ready to paint and assemble.
    IMG_1517.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Nice work mate, keep them coming

Such and old fashioned guy Ben! But still a work of art!

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

That's looking beautiful, Ben! A man after my own heart!
    I like the way you positioned the radio stack, and (I assume) the engine controls while still making them removable from the main panel. All that making for a better, straighter path for the engine control cables. I like that very much.

Edit: I forgot - your throttle is down on the tunnel. Anyway, the relief you put in the bottom center of the panel, for clearance or whatever reason looks nice!
    Last edited by jrevens; 07-01-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I meant to also comment on the nice-looking modification you did to the firewall flange, Ben. That'll make for a much better fit with the cowling. Good job!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Thanks everyone!
    Ross, have you seen stick and rudders new promotional video? Its titled "old school is still cool" .... having said that I think all Paul's aircraft have glass panels... maybe that was a bad argument for my steam gages hahaha

John, the relief in the bottom of the panel has another sub panel with a heater control and a couple of other things in it. See photo attached, it just needs re labelling. Your build must be getting closer to the finish line?

IMG_1531.jpg
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

I am curious about the throttle control beside the pilot seat and the one in the center console, could you explain how they are connected and the setup of the one beside the seat. For the past 17 years I have flown tandem tail draggers with the throttle on the left by the seat, fly the stick with my right, I really want the same setup in my Fox SS7. I am using a Rotax 100hp.
    Your plane is looking very nice, like your panel.

Jim in Pa.

Hi Jim, thanks, yes I like flying with the throttle the same way and intend on flying this from either seat but mainly from the left.
    I will have to take a photo next time I have the seat pan and center console out but I have linked the left throttle to the center throttle by a cross shaft and a push rod. The cross shaft runs under the frount of the seat and then there is just one throttle cable that runs from the center console through the fire wall to the engine. It's all connected using rodend bearings so it is nice and smooth.
    I will take a pic of it shortly.
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Thank you Ben, I look forward to seeing the setup.

Its been a few months since I've posted so thought it was time for an update.
    Over the last couple of months I've been working on the cowling and induction system.
    I decided to use a bigger spinner so I could widen the cowling, this allowed more clearance to the ring gear and I was able to use a shorter propeller spacer, reducing weight as well as moving the weight of the propeller aft a couple of inches.
    I have spent a fair amount of time researching induction systems and decided to make my own ram air system with alternate air. After sorting out the induction system I had to mold a scoop on the cowling, I chose to do this out of carbon fibre to save weight and give the cowling some rigidity.
    Next I have to cut the exhaust exit holes and I have some vents coming to fit in the side of the cowling to let heat out.IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233