Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Ruscito's Kitfox S7 Build

Default Joe Ruscito's Kitfox S7 Build

Alright, going to pick up my kit on the 19th! Super excited! Quick build wings, Grove gear, and a lot of the available options. Building in my garage (about 20ft x 20ft).

Ive been on the forum for a while now, learning as much as I can. I really appreciate all of the info and build logs, so I plan to do my best to log my own build here.

This will be my first build and also the first airplane I will own. I really enjoy building things and larger projects so Im looking forward to the build almost as much as eventually getting to fly it.

Im sure there will be lots of questions and challenges for me ahead, the support here is amazing and I thank you all ahead of time for the advice/tips/help Im sure you will provide.

Stoked to be part of this awesome community!

Thanks!

Default Re: Joe Ruscito's Kitfox S7 Build

That's great Joe. Welcome aboard.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Joe , you have the right attitude going in, enjoy the process as much as the result, you are embarking on a fun journey. Bruce N199CL

I get my kit in about 6 weeks. We will have to compare notes. Good luck!!!

6 weeks? Crap that’s pretty soon!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Welcome aboard Joe. You will love it. These are great kits and the build is so much fun. Enjoy every minute of it and the forum is sooo much help. Keep the excitement going.

Hey Joe
    Good to see another Kitfox build in the works. I started in October and am having a blast. It is so fun to see things start to take shape.
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog

Welcome to the fun part, Joe! I look forward to following your progress.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Thanks all!

Meyer, it will be great that we will be at similar places throughout the build!

Joe, Thanks for the link to your build. Following along will for sure be helpful!

I just reserved my tail number 1121E (it may change but I needed one for builders insurance). I wanted one that wasn't a mouthful and it has some significance for me.

Also, worked with Falcon to get the insurance rolling. Just over $400 for the year, insured up to $70k. I thought that number made sense.

Any tips on how I can best prepare in the next week for the kit to arrive? Materials I should get ahead of time? Should I/can I build rotisseries ahead of time or wait? Garage is clean and mostly empty!

Id like to hit the ground running as best I can. I have a full time job but I can work from home a couple days a week so it at least saves me the commute. I'm going to shoot for 20-30 hours a week including the weekends. No commitments other than work. No kids and super supportive girlfriend!

You can definitely build the rotisseries ahead of time. Spar spacing is 27.5 in.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS