Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffs 340 Kitfox

Default Jeffs 340 Kitfox

I found an easy place to mount the AP servos - behind the seats. Can't use the header tank due to the fuel system I am using. Might turn it into a smoke tank...
    Made some fancy tube clamps to attach the pitch and roll linkage.
    Need to get my fuel valve from Andair. I need a duplex fuel valve. The area under the console is chock full of fuel pumps and filters.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Default Re: Jeffs 340 Kitfox

I also mounted my servos behind the seat. Looks a little flimsy, but is quite strong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello
    I hope to put AP in my SS7 but I'm a bit concerned about how difficult it is. Almost seems like you need engineering knowledge. I mean, it seems that everything that you do, from the lengths of the drive arm to the lengths of the push pull arms, changes everything with regard to rate and distance of travel. Are these systems difficult to figure out. I know the directions are not aircraft specific unless it seems your building an RV.
    Thanks, Eddie

The documents for the GRT servos are pretty easy to understand and they emphasize not to over center the servo arm or you could break things. When I set mine up, I aligned the servo arm pivots with the idler arm pivots for both roll and pitch. The tube clamps were installed on the idler arm to match the outermost hole on the servo arm. If this is too sensitive I can always move the rod end on the servo in.
    It's really not that difficult, just stare at it a while and you will come up with a plan... thats kinda how it worked for me
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

I am using a Garmin AP

Kitfox has a bracket for pitch roll is easy

D Kelm
    7SS 912iS

I'm finding out that Kitfox must have a back room with all kinds of stuff that they don't put in the catalog.

I agree on that "back room" comment; hope the new online catalog fixes that.
    If I put in an autopilot it will be Dynon. I already made a mockup of their servo and made a bracket for the roll axis location (back when I was idled for some reason pre-covering).
    Anyone have a photo of the Kitfox pitch servo bracket installation?
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

Actually, having a "back room" is a good thing......I have come to understand the reason there is a backroom @ Kitfox is because John & Debra are constantly thinking up improvements and bringing forth new ideas that may eventually become a catalog item plus they might have a part here or there, too few to catalog, that could be useful to someone but not used in the current plane.

Dave S
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

I took last week off and was able to finish wiring 340KF. Only thing left is the exterior lighting.
    The firewall is assembled and ready for sealant.
    I do believe I am almost ready to cover the fuselage. I want to install the razorback before though. I wrote to Kitfox and Debra said they used to offer the razorback kit but now weld them on. Shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate one.
    Getting the fuel system under the console was challenging but it is all there. I will need to make some lines to run from the duplex valve to the tanks.
    I added a few pics to my photo album
    http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/album.php?albumid=455
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Rigging the wings tomorrow!! WOOT WOOT!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF