Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffs 340 Kitfox

Default Re: Jeffs 340 Kitfox

Oops! Here's the link
    Www.rearviewsafety.com
    Lots of camera ideas. These are NOT GoPro quality cameras... good for seeing where you can't see.
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Thanks Jeff. Will peruse the site.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Good idea. Could have done with a forward looking camera last week. Left wheel struck a yellow cone as I was taxiing for takeoff ..... couldn't see because of afternoon sun streaming through the windshield at that very moment. Shut down, push back, restart ..... all very embarrassing !
    David
    SS7 Builder

Not embarrasing at all. Best part is that it was only your tire! This little camera and a smart phone or tablet and your problem is solved!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Yep, a prop strike wouldn't have gone down well at all .... so thanks for the info Jeff. That's one really good idea I'm definitely taking up !. Friend of mine has a camera permanently mounted to his car windscreen as a "just in case" thing. I didn't join the dots until now ...
    David
    SS7 Builder

Getting closer...
    Updated a few pics in my album. )Series 5 jmodguy)
    Fuselage is getting close to being ready to paint. Tanks are here and getting ready for mount. Need to make a mount for the GRT magnetometer and OAT, install leading edges and wings will be pretty close to being ready to cover.
    Was hoping to make Oshkosh this year but it is looking more like fall for 1st flights.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Windscreen/canopy trimmed today. I will wait until the install day to trim the spar area. Heard too many cracking stories...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

You are doing great Jeff. Good progress. Glad the widshield install went smoothly.
    I too was somewhat concerned about it. Helped to have two guys helping that have sucessfully installed several without incident. Also waited for a warm day to install which is not hard to do in Phoenix.
    Used a hand held mini belt sander to shape the curves near the front spar. Worked pretty good. Then hand sanded all edges of the windshild with about 200 grit sandpaper to smoothe edges.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Went to Oshkosh this year. First time! Good lord I am STILL recovering from the walking!
    I did meet Mangy Foxs owner. Wanted to make the Kitfox dinner but too many things happened that Friday and I was too worn out. Definitely next year!
    Got most of my questions answered and even ran into DF4 at the Kitfox booth!
    My questions were answered by various vendors and the "engineering phase" of my project is pretty much done.
    Hooker is making my seatbelt harnesses and AWI-AMI is working with me to build a 4-1 exhaust for the 340. I hope the exhaust pans out....
    For the cowl I will be using the one I have to mod and turn into a plug. Will be making a mold from the plug and trying my hand at making a cowl. Will keep all interested parties posted.
    My flaperon hinges are drilled and the teflon hinge bearings are complete. I am very close to covering the wings! I hope to be flying this fall.
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Jeff, glad you finally made it to the big show. Your feet will recover. Good to see you again. I didn't get to the seaplane base this time. Not yet sure where all the time went.

Sounds like you're moving ahead with your build at a good pace. Hope that exhaust works as planned.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear