Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual STI build log

Default Re: Dual STI build log

Dustin, that is looking so well done. Having remote radios sure did clean up that space behind the panel. Nice work. Makes me want to pull my wires out and do it myself one wire at a time.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks Eddie! Crossing my fingers the remote radios help with CG🤞
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

That is really looking good. You are really going to enjoy having the G3x setup.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Love the clean look panel. Really love the fact that so much goes on behind the scenes to make such a 'simple' panel so capable.

Thanks guys! Man I have a new appreciation for all those that are out flying their aircraft they built. Definitely no small task.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrider View Post
    Man I have a new appreciation for all those that are out flying their aircraft they built. Definitely no small task.
    It looks like you'll be out flying yours soon enough. I think you're well into the "90% done - 90% to go" stage. You're doing top-notch work. She'll make the other planes jealous.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Just read thru your build thread Dustin. She's shaping up real nice. Great job.
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe a little slight flicker. Okay I finished all the wiring. I decide to run an audio jack from the ipad and tie it into the intercom so you can have sound from the ipad. I also put a red LED under the dash that shines down on the center console to help you see at night. I also ordered the baja designs S2 sport. They showed up and they did no seem very bright. Looked online and found out they have a pro that is almost double the lumen. Installed the baja designs s2 pro and they are much brighter. Its not that the sports was not bright, but compared to the rigid taxi lights they where not near as bright and they had two leds not one. Now the S2 pros are very bright. Going to pull it out tonight when its dark and check how it looks. With that being said, that was the last wiring I needed to do. I remove that grip locks ties and temporary Velcro securing straps and got the lacing string out. Did a final secure of all the wires as I have now checked everything. Fuel pressure and fuel flow are both indicating correctly I also finished flushing out all the fuel lines, flushing out the header tank, leak checked everything and secured all the fuel lines. I did a fuel flow check also. It flows 46.5 gallons per hour. I think that will be sufficient. I think I am ready to start it. Prop showed up just in time so I also got that installed. I set the pitch to 19 degrees from recommendations from Jason. List is getting shorter of things I need to do. I pulled it out and calibrated the ADHARS and also the magnetometer. I will do these again when are the airport, just wanting to make sure no surprises. Things are starting to cool down a little so my brother is starting to work on #2. (His garage gets hot) He has anodized a few parts to go with the edge orange.

Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Looking really nice Dustin. What prop are you using?

So what are the two hidden switches?