Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 22 of 85 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual STI build log

Default Re: Dual STI build log

Years ago I put a heater kit on a rzr that had a valve operated by a push pull lever. Tried to find a part with no luck.
    Try this:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fss-74828/overview/

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Danzer1 View Post
    Thank you!
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Quote Originally Posted by Danzer1 View Post

Wow! Talk about timing... Ordered my valve today. Thanks Greg.
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

The valve on that link is 5/8" My heater lines are 1/2". I couldn't find a 1/2" version, but I may not have spent enough time. Greg, do you or anyone know of a 1/2" valve of that type?
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    The valve on that link is 5/8" My heater lines are 1/2". I couldn't find a 1/2" version, but I may not have spent enough time. Greg, do you or anyone know of a 1/2" valve of that type?
    Summit has 10 pages of Four Seasons heater valves, go here to start: https://www.summitracing.com/search/...-heater-valves
    All will require you to get or make a cable.

Greg

I was hoping to report that we have our avionics and the engines........not yet. Avionics are on back-order and the engine.....we are still patiently waiting. We learned the edge 912 sti will not fit in the stock 7ss cowl. Thanks for the heads up Scott! Thomas is going to send the engines "as is" and he is working on a fix that will not be done until after the end of April. We will just need to switch out the intakes which will move the fuel rails to the other side of the intakes so they will not hit the cowl. I have been working on all the little stuff that I moved past to do later, when we are waiting on parts, which happens to be now. Also I followed others recommendation and ordered the kit from EAA to help register your aircraft. I received the N number reservation back from the FAA recently reserving our tail numbers. I filled out all the paper work and submitted our registration to the FAA. I will post the link I was given. Fingers cross I have everything I need. We are registering both aircraft under a LLC so I also sent in the articles of organization also. Here is the latest pictures! Enjoy!
    https://www.eaa.org/shop/ProductCata...SubTopicID=957

Decided to start making all the mounts for the remote radio, transponder, saftey trim, headseat/usb outlets, ect.

Worked on getting oil access door installed. Had to bevel the edge like others to get the door to sit flush.

Solid rivets in countersunk holes are not to bad once you do a few. I used a hammer and set the door on my vise to hit. Works fine for the oil access. Then I followed others recommendations and ground down some vice grips. I think they will work fine for the other solid rivets on the cowl.

After not reading the instructions as closely as I should I got the boot cowl installed correctly. First time was a practice! Thanks again to Scott for helping!

Decided to sand the PVC fairings like other have done. Your not kidding these are a ton of work. These are the tools I ended up using to speed up the process. I can get a set sanded in about 3 hours. I used my grinder to take off most of the material. Then I used the orbital sander to get them flush. And the flat sander to get any waves out. Also thanks to whoever posted the dimensions on how to cut the fairings. I read it awhile ago and printed out the picture with the dimensions. Made cutting them go quick.

Decided to mount the wings so I could get the butt ribs installed and the fairings installed also. Nice that I don't have to support the wing with only one wing on!

Lights are always fun!
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Great progress Dustin. Nice workmanship. Liking the underwing lights too.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Watching your build move forward at a great speed. I like the lights as well.
    I'll be doing my lift strut fairings soon. Cain't wait... Looks like a lot of work - ugh.
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Great progress Dustin. Nice workmanship. Liking the underwing lights too.
    Thanks! Having fun, being able to do things like this on an experimental!
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Quote Originally Posted by bbs428 View Post
    Watching your build move forward at a great speed. I like the lights as well.
    I'll be doing my lift strut fairings soon. Cain't wait... Looks like a lot of work - ugh.
    Looking back the chromoly air-foiled struts where looking very good about half way through sanding the plastic ones.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!