Making more progress with more questions answered this week. In an effort to help mitigate high oil temps we are going to try a heat-exchanger. Should help keep the water temps down on the ground, and help keep the oil temps down in the air. This was recommend to us from Edge performance. Thomas ran one on his engine. Dropped is oil temps 30-40 degrees and only minimal raise in water temps. Spoke with John and they are recommending on the 915 installs to run a lip extension on the bottom of the cowl. I think we are going to cut the cowl and extended the lip 1" to improve cooling. Intercooler is installed and moutning brackets made!
This week I am going to work on getting the heat shielding and baffling done for the intercooler. Waiting on some Naca vents for the intercooler, and also for the intake. Due to the fact that I feel the 915 may be suffering from over-pressurizing the cowl, we are going to go smaller rather than larger naca vents for the intercooler/intake. Also when we add the lip to the bottom we are going to try and increase the amount of exit air, for the added air from the Naca vents. We are going to leave the cowl unpainted, so we can do some testing and hopefully help anyone else coming behind us. Also solved the throttle cable issues I was trying to figure out. I am going to go the route that Doug and Scott went and remove the spring and run a direct cable. Went with the Mcfarlane venier cable but they only sell it in a cable not a solid wire. Thought I would be able to run it into the bing 90 to mount to the throttle body but the cable is too thick to make the 90. With the cable so thick it should work going straight to the throttle body. Once I get it all mounted I will post some pictures that will make more sense. Worked on building a throttle arm and mount for the cable. Finished cutting the panel for the throttle cable and now hopefully my brother can get his done this week so we can get them off to the powder coater. Now its time to start plumbing the engine and as soon as I get my panel back start on wiring. At this point I am doing as much as I can but I seemed to be waiting on parts. Should hopefully in the next couple weeks also receive our new intake that mounts the injectors on the inside.....fingers crossed!