Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Dual STI build log

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Dual STI build log

No because I am 100% confident it is not wiring on our side and I don't really want to do the trouble shooting for VPX. That was my next step to prove that its not a wiring issue if we have to but I prefer not to. They keep telling us that there is nothing wrong with the VPX but for a millisecond the voltage changes enough to cause the garmin LRU (first the adahars, now the GPS 20 to reboot) They said they tested it 3 times on there bench test, but I am telling them their equipment is not detecting the voltage change. Cory talked VPX into sending us a bench test unit they had to try. We put it an and low and behold.....guess what it works! No reboot! Now to try and figure out the next step. First we would prefer they replace our unit with a new unit, but sounds like they wont. They keep saying they will not replace it because nothing is wrong with it. I guess this is the hard part about experimentals is they have to deal with amateurs who don't know what they are doing. My guess is I am going to have to video it and come up with a way to prove to them there is a problem with the VPX. I just don't really want to tear my plane apart to do it. Cross our fingers they will believe us there is a problem with the VPX even though their bench test equipment is not showing anything. I have a electrical engineering friend that has some fancy equipment. Almost tempted of having him put it on his scope that can monitor and record voltage enough to prove to them we have an issue. Fingers crossed......
    Last edited by Shadowrider; 07-07-2020 at 12:00 PM.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!