Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual STI build log

Default Re: Dual STI build log

Makes sense. I am trying to figure out everything I need to buy?. We are going to be running Garmin G3x with the Garmin pitot/aoa. Is this tubing something I should be ordering?

Your going to receive a length of pitot tubing in the kit. You will need to procure a second length of tubing for the AOA half of your pitot system.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Your best bet is to plan out what you want your system to look like, and then call Garmin discuss it with them. They should be able to help you plan the nitty gritty details, and tell you (and sell you) everything you need. In my case, Dynon sells a pitot install kit that includes tubing and fittings required to hook the pitot/AOA to the Dynon ADAHRS. I'd be surprised if Garmin did not have something similar.

Also, note that I elected to route the tubing outboard toward the tip. It will then run back inboard through the spar. This uses more tubing, but I liked this install better than figuring out how to route the tubing past the fuel tank. It also means my tubing comes into the cabin basically on the centerline of the rear spar. And while I don't really plan to ever fold my wings, running everything through the spar is ideal to avoid stressing tubes and cables while swinging the wings. That said, I've seen beautiful installations that go straight to the root.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Thanks for everyone's help. I have the oratex covering on order and getting avionics ordered. Firewall forward is getting ordered also. Ouch....expensive month.

Progress......I got all the wing ribs varnished. That was a big job. Took three of us 3 hours do to. Tanks got sloshed, and cleaned. Filler neck installed. One question I have is the instruction seem to be having me install the filler neck drain to come out the top of the cap strip behind the filler neck? The picture does not show this though. I am guessing this is only on an STI? Wondering does the drain go into the wing or out the top?

Picture uploads don't seem to work. I resized to 90k and still can not upload the JPEGs.

On the pics, did you resize to 700X1400 or less? there are resolution limits in addition to total size (90K should be good).
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Yes I resized them to 300x400 and they where 90k. They are so small hard to see detail. Do you know if they are working on fixing it so we can go back to larger photos? Or can I use photobucket and link that way?

I sit corrected as I can no longer upload photos that i could last week. Will be watching the Upload Photo thread.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

What is the best sealant? Called kitfox and they said they are getting away from PERMASHIELD.....

What are you using it for? There are so many options for just as many applications.

Ralph

Fuel fittings into tank