To get an accurate auto-pilot pitch servo installation I had to get the elevator rigged as
close as possible. Followed the book. Left the roll servo alone until the flaperons can be
rigged.

I had to make many adjustments especially to the pitch servo bracket. I then remade the
pitch servo elevator attachment bracket. First one, I decided was to small and to thin (.035)
but easily bendable. The attachment point height was good. The second one is .07 stock and
more robust. No way I was bending this freehand. I heated up a one inch bolt to a dull red
color and the .07 aluminum bent around it with ease.
Turned out much nicer. Has a good friction fit.

Question - it should have a mechanical bond to the push rod, correct? Aeropoxy and some rivets?

It was a pita but time well spent.

Autopilot elevator pushrod attachment bending rod.jpgAutopilot elevator pushrod attachment.jpgAutopilot elevator pushrod attachment size.jpgauto pilot pitch servo new attachment bracket11.jpg

Had a few days of 60 deg weather outside so I took advantage of the heat wave and painted
the lift strut brackets and some other stuff. still had to use a fast hardener. They had to be blasted
as well as the lift struts.
Painted with 2 part white auto urethane.
Good thing, as it's back to 20 deg and freezing rain!

lift strut bracket.jpglift strut bracket1.jpg

Received some new updated parts. Debra's great on the phone. All my stuff arrived safe.
I'm real happy with the quality of parts.

When there's a nice stretch of weather I'll rig the wings. I want to finish as much as I can on the
fuselage before I start working on the quick-build wings when the weather warms up.

With luck I'll be covering and painting this summer!

Back to work!