Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: bbs428 Build

Default Re: bbs428 Build

A better mouse trap you say. How about no mousetrap. I trailered for about 5 yrs and 5 miles each direction at 45-50 mph. I trailered backwards and level wings. I just pushed the elevators up till they touched the leading edge of the flaperons. I put a couple layers of thick clear tape where the contact is made on the flaperons. The forward movement into the wind keeps the elevators pushed against the flaperons. I never had any issue.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Weather has improved here in the Ozarks. A Low of 60's this morning, high in the low 80's.
    Logged 7 hrs. on the engine taxiing around the property. A few during the excessive heat a few weeks back. All temps and pressures are good. No leaks. Updated the G3x software and it checked good.
    Still trailering the plane to Houston, Mo. in September. It will be a busy and exciting month!
    Will be flying soon!

IMG_2158.jpg IMG_2169.jpg IMG_2172.jpg
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

Looking forward to the first flight!
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop.
    https://www.youtube.com/@KitfoxPilot/videos

Four flights today. Surprised she flew so nice as I eyeballed the flaperon placement and the lift struts, lol. Thought for sure I’d have a low wing or the stick would be off to one side or something like that!

There were a few adjustments needed. We had to re-pitch the prop to get 5.8k rpm and the AFR gauge hit in the 15’s briefly at WOT. So I’ll have to re-jet the main’s.

I’ll post in the engine section about that cause I’ll need some guidance as I never had this style of carb before.
    I’m on my phone away from my home base, so it’s a challenge to post anything! 😁

My bud Chase (Sky Pirate) did a great job as test pilot, made it look easy! It’s his B-day today! I’ll be buying him some beers and a steak dinner!

I’ll be getting my tailwheel endorsement and BFR in the weeks to come. The plan is to get through the task based testing so my CFI and I can use the plane.
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

Finally the day has come!!! Congratulations Brett!!! Lots of solid work on your part paid off. Such a pretty plane and looks much better flying!

Gary
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG

Congratulations Brett! Happy to hear first flights went so well. You built a good looking and flying Kitfox. Wait until you fly it solo.
    Good to see Chase back in a Kitfox.😀

IMG_2174.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Congratulations Brett! I get butterflies watching those videos because our build will be in the air soon. Can't imagine what that must feel like! Nice work - your plane looks amazing.
    Jason B.
    Phase 1 - S7 STi
    Dynon | 915is

Very nice! Fun days ahead.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Congrats Brett, and a mighty nice looking plane too.

Nice! Very rewarding!
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII