I'm sorry to hear it won't work out for you Paul.
If possible, you could create an adobe image in inches instead of pixels and set the size of the canvas to your instrument layout dimensions.
Then just figure the proper sizing for gauges, thats what I did as a rough start.

Part V

After many hours of tinkering, the CAD file was complete.
We fired up the CNC machine and did a test run on a piece of wood to verify everything would work.

IMG_20190310_125629.jpg

We found a few issues and made changes, cutting a few boards in the pursuit.
But finally, we found the perfect layout that would work.
And thus we changed out drill bits and began to cut that nice shiny piece of aluminum.

IMG_20190310_164900.jpg

Since that would take several hours to complete, my father watched the machine while I worked on installing the new ELT.
I ended up going for an ARTEX 345. I liked the idea of only dealing with one battery instead of the 3 that the ARK equivalent version requires.
Plus the company is less then a two hour drive from me so bonus.

I decided to mount it to the tube frame behind the seat. This way I can easily reach it by just removing the turtle deck.
The tray was easy to adel clamp in several place to the tube and is now secured and tight to the frame.

IMG_20190310_125623.jpg

Following that, I made a bracket/ground plane for the antenna to mount and be fitted to the tube chassis as well.
Due to the angle of the roll bars I had to give an angle to the bracket, so that the whip antenna would not hit the fabric and instead be perfectly in line with the cavity well down the tail section.

IMG_20190310_191505.jpg

That being done, the panel had wrapped up.
We debur'd it and mounted it up for a test fit.
It was quite the sight......until it dawn on us.
We tested every instrument.....every switch.....every item.
But somehow, three of us, forgot to test the radio for clearance.

You can guess what we found.

So..... I have another sheet on order to get here next weekend.
Live and learn.