Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Cabana gear woes.

Default Cabana gear woes.

Trying to get my gear on this evening. The two ends of the cabana gear are too close together to fit into the fuselage brackets. It needs about 1/16” more spacing between the fire and aft brackets to fit in. Both left and right gear have same issue.

Anyone else have this problem?

Solutions?

Thanks.

Steve

Default Re: Cabana gear woes.

Call Kitfox and let them know the issue. My buddy had that exact distance out on his too. He squished his in a press to make it work on his model 4
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Was hoping to get it installed tonight. Alarm set for 0500 for phone call to John.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy66 View Post
    Trying to get my gear on this evening. The two ends of the cabana gear are too close together to fit into the fuselage brackets. It needs about 1/16” more spacing between the fire and aft brackets to fit in. Both left and right gear have same issue.

Anyone else have this problem?

Solutions?

Thanks.

Steve
    Both of are where the same way. Guessing the jigs are off. Widen out the holes on the mounts that attach to frame to give you the 1/16th inch you need.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

I figured that us what John would say, but wanted to check it and make sure there were no other options. Is that what he told you to do, or is it what you decided to do? I can’t think of any other way to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy66 View Post
    I figured that us what John would say, but wanted to check it and make sure there were no other options. Is that what he told you to do, or is it what you decided to do? I can’t think of any other way to make it work.
    I didn’t even call, we just did it. Just open it up just enough to get it to fit. Leave the bolts loose until everything is fit then tighten them up. There will be no slop if you do it this way. Just to clarify the brackets did not fit to the fuselage. So had to widen the holes holes on the brackets. Installed all the bolts and tightened down which essential flex the gear to fit correctly.
    Last edited by Shadowrider; 03-07-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!